Australian sourced stock, with full local warranty.
The AK240 is a high resolution portable audio player from Astell and Kern. Enhancing nearly every internal and external element of their previous players the AK240 is capable of remarkable sonic performance
*DEMO UNIT ONLY*
As The Artist Intended
"'What is the ultimate sound quality?' 'Exactly as the artist had intended.' (...) The answer was to create both a balanced output and native DSD playback through the Dual DAC setup. Now with the AK240, we can dare say that we have gotten “that much closer” to the sound quality of the original recording.
One of the approaches we decided that would help us move a step closer to the original sound quality was to provide native DSD playback without having to convert it into PCM. This was indeed a difficult task. In order to provide native DSD playback on the AK240, we had to select a different DAC chipset. Making the decision to change the DAC was not easy, but in order to reach our goal, we had to make a bold move which was to start from scratch.
There are 2 methods of transmitting analogue signals - through balanced and unbalanced outputs. (...) The balanced method has a few advantages over the unbalanced method. The first advantage is that the hot signal and the cold signal will remove the external noises received. The second advantage is increased output due to the 2 transmitted signals.
Even though the body of AK240 is just one piece, it goes through 12 stages of production until it is complete. The initial 6 stages involve the original materials being prepared, and the next 6 stages involve putting together all of those original parts. Each stage takes numerous hours which are worked on by our experts.
- Native Double-rate DSD(up to 5.6MHz)
- Dual CS4398 DAC for True Dual-Mono
- Balanced Output
- Aricraft Grade Duralumin Body
- Wi-fi Music downloading
- 256GB, plus 1 microSD slot
- DAC: Cirrus Logic CS4398 x2 (Dual DAC)
- Decoding: Support up to 24bit/192kHz Bit to Bit Decoding, DSD64/128
- Input: USB Micro-B input (for charging & data transfer (PC & MAC)) / Connection Mode : MTP (Media Device)
- Outputs: PHONES (3.5mm) / Optical Out (3.5mm) / Balanced Out (2.5mm, only 4-pole supported)
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n (2.4GHz)
- Bluetooth: V4.0
- Body Colour: Gun Metal
- Body Material: Aircraft Grade Duralumin
- Dimension: 66(W) x 107(H) x 17.5(D) (mm)
- Weight: 185g
- 3.3 inch WVGA (480 x 800) AMOLED touch screen
- Supported Audio Format: WAV, FLAC, WMA, MP3, OGG, APE(Normal, High, Fast), AAC, ALAC, AIFF, DFF, DSF, FLAC, WAV, ALAC, AIFF : 8kHz ~ 192kHz (8/16/24bits per Sample) / DSD Native : DSD64 (1bit 2.8MHz), Stereo / DSD128 (1bit 5.6MHz), Stereo
- Unbalance 2.1Vrms / Balance 2.3Vrms (Condition No Load)
- Frequency Response: ±0.023dB (Condition: 20Hz~20kHz) Unbalance & Balance / ±0.3dB (Condition: 10Hz~70kHz) Unbalance & Balance
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 116dB @ 1kHz, Unbalance / 117dB @ 1kHz, Balance
- Crosstalk: 130dB @ 1kHz, Unbalance / 135dB @ 1kHz, Balance
- THD+N: 0.0007% @ 1kHz, Unbalance / 0.0005% @ 1kHz, Balance
- IMD SMPTE: 0.0004% 800Hz 10kHz(4:1) Unbalance / 0.0003% 800Hz 10kHz(4:1) Balance
- Output Impedance: Balanced out 2.5mm (1ohm) / PHONES 3.5mm (2ohm)
- Clock Jitter: 50ps (Typ)
- Battery Capacity: 3,250mAh 3.7V Li-Polymer Battery
- Memory: Built-in 256GB [NAND], External 1 x microSD (Max 128GB)
- Supported OS: Windows XP, Windows 7,8 (32/64bit), MAC OS X 10.7 and up