Australian sourced stock, with full local warranty.
The new Planar 1 is the most user friendly Rega turntable to date. Now with preset bias force on the brand new RB110 tonearm, the Planar 1 is set up in seconds after unpacking.
Simply slide the balance weight onto the rear of the tonearm as far as it will go, remove the stylus guard and start spinning your favourite vinyl. Performance beyond price Every single aspect of the Planar 1 has been meticulously designed to improve performance. For the first time the Planar 1 is now running a 24v, low noise, synchronous motor to reduce vibration transfer combined with our brand new RB110 tonearm fitted with Rega's bespoke zero play bearings. Only sharing the drive belt, sub platter and dust cover from the outgoing RP1, this is truly a new turntable for 2016. If you are looking to get back into vinyl and want serious performance that will last you a lifetime, then look no further.
- Tonearm Brand new RB110 tonearm built with the new Rega designed, bespoke, zero play bearings with ultra-low friction performance (Patent Pending). New bias assembly and integrated arm clip. Includes automatic bias adjustment negating the need for the user to set bias, making this the most ‘Plug & Play’ turntable we have ever manufactured. New ergonomically, re-designed and stiffer headshell for improved usability and appearance.
- Cartridge Rega Carbon cartridge supplied fitted as standard.
- 24v synchronous motor The first entry level Rega turntable to use a 24v, synchronous AC motor with a new motor PCB and aluminium pulley offering low noise and better speed stability.
- Plinth Brand new Thermoset, gloss laminated plinth with vastly improved appearance and new ergonomically positioned on/off switch located on the underside. Two stunning plinth finishes available, gloss black and gloss white.
- Central Bearing housing Re-designed brass main bearing, offering improved fit and removing stress on the bearing itself whilst minimising the transfer of potential energy. (Patent pending)
- Platter Brand new, 23mm, higher mass, phenolic platter with improved flywheel effect for improved speed stability.
- Re-Designed feet New improved feet to increase stability and reduce vibration transfer.
- Motor cover tray New motor cover tray with integrated cooling.
- Balance Weight New 111g ‘Plug and Play’ balance weight.
- Plug and Play design, set-up in less than thirty seconds.
- Hand assembled RB110 tonearm.
- High quality, low vibration motor.
- Phenolic resin, flywheel effect platter.
- Factory fitted Carbon moving magnet cartridge.
- The Performance Pack Upgrade Option Includes:
- Bias 2 Catridge
- Upgrade White Belt
- felt Mat