"The way you can pick out and follow a single instrument within a band is extraordinary."
The new conductor configuration in the Chameleon VEE 3 has a profound effect on just about every aspect of performance that is important to a properly immersive musical experience.
There is a good chance that the Chameleon VEE 3 will begin to let you understand that your equipment is better than you thought and begin to understand just how good your favourite musicians are.
There are a lot of very impressive components available these days, particularly some of the new generation of digital to analogue converters. The cost of the Chameleon VEE 3 might seem to be out of context compared to the cost of the DACs but you do need to have a listen. It's a remarkable cable that will do justice to some remarkable products.
The Chameleon VEE 3 is a remarkable interconnect, with a set of performance characteristics that are associated with high end cable designs. There is the DNA of Sarum within the Chameleon's design and build. This means that the Chameleon VEE 3 is a remarkably transparent cable that gets used and enjoyed in a wide range of systems from entry level to high end.
It is a very good way of finding out what the components in your system are doing and often discovering that they are quite a lot better than you thought.
- The Chameleon VEE 3 is fitted with Chord's custom VEE 3 RCA plugs.
- The new design of the ABS outer shell and the unique silver-plating processapplied to the contact areas improves signal transfer across a wide frequency range.
- The signal return surround provides a secure high pressure contact with all types of RCA sockets.
- The centre pin is insulated with PTFE and the design of the plug and ABS outer shell provides good strain relief without compressing the cable and compromising performance.
- The Chord Chameleon VEE 3 uses Chord's established Chameleon SilverPlus cable.
- Three sets of silver-plated conductors are connected to silver-plated VEE 3 RCA plugs using a special silver solder and shielded from interference with a 93% braid and a heavy gauge shield.
- The conductors though have been re-configured into a single signal and dual return configuration to improve definition and timing.
- The multi-stranded silver-plated oxygen free copper conductors are insulated with FEP, a combination of materials that improve signal transfer at frequency extremes.
- A cotton fibre conductor wrap reduces mechanical noise and a fully floating high frequency effective, high density braid and foil shielding combination minimises signal loss through interference.
- The shields are surrounded by soft PVC to further reduce mechanical noise and this is protected by a hard PVC outer casing.