Australian sourced stock, with full local warranty.
2nd Generation Unit with Updated DAC
The Woo Audio WA7 “Fireflies” Amp/DAC is a combination of high performance vacuum tube headphone amplifier with a built-in USB Digital-to-Analog Converter. It is a pure tube design, utilizing 6C45 tubes in a class-A, single-ended topology, with transformer coupled outputs. There are no semiconductors used in the entire amplification path. The D/A converter is designed to be capable of up to 24-bit/384k sampling rates. This maintains pure data integrity, which is transmitted via standard high speed USB 2.0 interface operating in asynchronous mode.
The high quality construction features include a pair of Nickel Alloy core output transformers, all-aluminum chassis with no screws visible from any viewing angles, a remote-controlled linear external power supply for amplification circuitries, a custom built toroidal power transformer, and multi-layer military grade PCBs.
The dedicated port for in-ear-monitors carries a full range of volume controls ensuring minimal noise. Despite its incredibly compact size, “Fireflies” is a power-house with the capacity to drive almost any demanding audiophile headphones. To accommodate different system setup needs, “Fireflies” can also be used as a stand-alone D/A Converter.
- Handmade output transformer with Nickel Alloy core
- 24-Bit, 384kHz high resolution playback
- Ultra-low jitter USB 2.0 runs on Asynchronous mode
- High and low impedance output via switch
- Open load protection will automatically engage to prevent the amp from damaging when no headphones are plugged in Multi-functional switch for USB input, RCA input, and RCA output via D-A.
- All-aluminum chassis with no screws visible from any viewing angles
- High clarity tube protection glass
- Multi-layer military grade PCBs
- Customised driver for Windows Vista/XP/7/8 USB Audio Class 2.0 is natively supported by Apple OS X version 10.6.4 and above without installing driver
|Single-ended, class-A transformer|
|Two 6C45 driver|
|Input impedance||100 Kilo-Ohms|
|Sampling rate||up to 23-Bit, 384kHz|
|Inputs||1 Asynchronous USB2.0|
|Outputs||1x 6.35mm headphone output|
|1x 3.17mm headphone output|
|1x RCA (same connector as the input)|
|Max output||approx 1 watt @ 32 ohms|
|Frequency response||11Hz to 27kHz, +/-0.5dB|
|Mains supply||100-120V, 220-240V, 50/60Hz, user selectable|
|DC cord length||1.3 m|
|Dimension (L,W,H) AMP with glass mm||121.92 x 121.92 x 129.54|
|PSU (L,W,H) (mm)||190.5 x 88.9 x 55.88|
|Weight (kg)||AMP - 2.4|
|Glass - 1.5|
- 1x Woo Audio WA7 Fireflies Headphone Amp/DAC
- 2x SOVTEK 6C45 vacuum tube
- 4x Anti-slip glass pads
- 1x Solid state power supply
- 1x 4ft. DC cord
- 1x Not included, replaced by WA7tp with upgrade
- 1x Standard USB A to B cable
- U.S. style AC power cord
- Quick start guide