A Hi Fi Amplifier for enjoying excellent sound. High sound quality and sophisticated design based on Yamaha’s rich experience and high-end Hi Fi.
- Yamaha high sound quality, created by rich experience and tradition, and high technological expertise
- Pure Direct Mode for greater sound purity
- Simple and sophisticated design
- Phono MM terminal for vinyl playback
- Screw-type speaker terminals
- Speaker selector and speaker terminals for two systems
- Simple design remote control
- Head phone terminal
- Yamaha, with a long history of 125 years as a musical instrument maker, also has a high reputation for Hi Fi components. The A-S201 was created by taking advantage of this rich experience and high technological expertise. Based on the concept of “Natural Sound”, for reproducing all music as it really sounds, and built with scrupulous care from circuit design to basic sound production, even though an entry model it reproduces high sound quality and musically rich sound.
100W × 2 High Output Power* and High Sound Quality Circuit Design:
The A-S201, with 100W* × 2 high drive power that's above its class, has a high sound quality design that minimises the length of signal routes and optimises the circuit layout. Positioning the power transformer near the power amp circuit reduces power loss while improving peak power supply capacity to enable high volume output. The signal ground and power supply ground are connected at one point, eliminating mutual interference to achieve a higher S/N ratio. The result is sound filled with clarity and a feeling of openness.
* 8 ohms, 40Hz—20kHz, 0.2%THD
Pure Direct Mode for Greater Sound Purity:
Engaging the Pure Direct Switch causes the audio signal to bypass the control circuits for bass and treble, balance and the back buffer amp. This improves sound quality while maintaining full output capacity. Shortening the signal route improves sound purity, helping to reproduce even the most delicate musical nuances.
Simple and Sophisticated Design:
The A-S201 has one MM phono input terminal for connecting a record player. A total of five input terminals mean that it can be the central unit for different types of audio systems. And its large screw-type speaker terminals provide firm connections with thick speaker cables.
A power management function automatically cuts off the power (switches to standby mode) when the amplifier has not been operated for a long time. It can be set to 2, 4, 8 or 12 hours, or off. In addition, power consumption during standby is only 0.5W, achieving good energy saving performance.
Other Notable Features:
• Simple design remote control
• Speaker A, B or A+B selection
• Head phone terminal
• Phono MM Terminal for Vinyl Playback and Screw-type Speaker Terminals
Maximum Power (4 ohms, 1kHz, 0.7% THD, for Europe): 140 W + 140 W
Maximum Power(8 ohms, 1 kHz, 10% THD): 100 W + 100 W
High Dynamic Power/Channel (8/6/4/2 ohms): 125 W/150 W/165 W/180 W
Frequency Response: 10 Hz–100 kHz(0 ± 0.5 dB / 0 ± 3.0 dB)
Total Harmonic Distortion (CD to Sp Out, 20 Hz-20 kHz): 0.2%
Signal-to-Noise Ratio (CD): 100 dB (S: 500 mV)
Input Sensitivity (CD): 500 mV / 47 k-ohms
Standby Power Consumption: 0.5 W
Dimensions (W x H x D): 435 x 141 x 333 mm
Weight: 6.7 kg