Australian sourced stock, with full local warranty.
Woo Audio’s epic WA8 Eclipse is the world's first battery-operated vacuum tube headphone amplifier. Featuring SET Class-A transformer output for transparent sound quality, a built-in 24bit/384kHz DAC, and easy transportability/set-up, high fidelity audio listening is possible anywhere.. With its high power output, the Eclipse is capable of driving high-end headphones of 8–600 ohm impedance, while its ultra-low noise circuitry is ideal for in-ear monitors
While portable, the Eclipse boasts a robust military-grade vacuum tube design rated for 5,000 hours of life. Versatile in analog and digital realms, it offers two- or three-tube operation to tailor the sound quality to a variety of headphones and in-ear monitors.
The Class-A, Single-ended Triode topology uses ultra-efficient OCC single crystal copper output transformers offering high bandwidth and low loss. The Eclipse also uses an audiophile-grade ESS SABRE Reference 24bit/384kHz DAC, excelling with hi-res music files and compatible with Apple iOS and Android devices.
The Eclipse operates via external DC power or "off-the-grid" battery operation. Advanced technology provides steady and pristine power to the vacuum tubes and the DAC, offering several hours of play – and the unit is operable during charging.
For the first time, high-fidelity and uncompromised sound can be achieved without boundaries.
- Advanced battery power management offers steady and pristin source to both amplifier and DAC
- The most compact high power all-tube amp
- Premium volume control feels precise and heavy
- Transportable size and form-factor, full-sized desktop-class amplifier/DAC performance.
- User replaceable vacuum tubes kit available for purchase
- Included 12.6v premium quick battery charger
- Included Pelican carrying-case (water-resistant, crush-proof and dust-proof).
- Custom-cut insert foam provides maximum protection.
- Included USB 2.0 cable
- Multi-layer military grade PCBs
- Driver for Windows Vista/XP/7/8/10 USB Audio Class 2.0 is natively supported by Apple OS X version 10.6.4 and above
- All-tube design (not hybrid)
- Class-A, Single-ended Triode transformer-coupled
- Tubes 6S31B x2, 6021 x1
- Selectable two- or three-tube operation
- Frequency response: 20Hz – 30kHz, -3dB
- Max headphone output 350mW
- ESS SABRE Reference DAC (ES9018K2M)
- XMOS xCORE-AUDIO asynchronous USB compatible with Mac, PC, Android and iOS devices
- Hi-res music playback up to 24-bit/384kHz
- USB (Type-B) digital input, and 1/8" (3.5mm) analog input
- 1/4” (6.3mm) and 1/8” (3.5mm) headphone outputs (8-600 Ohms)
- Up to 4 hours of battery playtime, 3400mAh rechargeable Lithium-ion battery
- Five LED battery indicators CNC-milled aluminum enclosure, available in anodized black, space gray, and gold
- Dimension 6.69" (L) x 3.6" (W) x 1.69" (D) / 170mm (L) x 92mm (W) x 43mm (D)
- Weight (amp) 2.4lbs / 1.09kg