Australian sourced stock, with full local warranty.
Ultimate Series US 5
The Niimbus US 5 is the successors of the praised headphone amps US 4. The new amplifier offers the same unsurpassed powerful, noiseless and perfect sounding headphone amplifier circuitry to drive any dynamic and planar headphone. The amplifier offers a pre-amp function to directly connect and control power amps or active speakers. Nearly all functions can be conveniently controlled using a stylish remote. The US 5+ features a 256-step reed relay volume control.
The amplifier features low noise through a very small amount of internal gain. This makes the amplifier's self-generated noise inaudible.
High Output Voltage
The amplifier has a high output voltage through 60 V internal operating voltage. Therefore ideally suited for high-impedance headphones deserving high output voltage swing.
High Output Power
Powerful amplifiers that offer far more power even the most demanding headphones would need means that the amplifier is best suited for headphones with low impedances as well as planar (magnetostatic) headphones.
High Damping Factor
The ideal match for difficult to drive headphones without negative side effects and with the guarantee for uncompromising frequency response due to low output impedance.
Headphone amplifier? Pre-amplifier? A combination?
The headphone outputs and/or the line outputs can be activated/deactivated by buttons on the front or by remote control. Connect not only your headphones to the HPA V550 but also your power amplifier or your active speakers and enjoy a compact and fantastic sounding headphone amplifier and / or a premium preamplifier.
- 256-step reed relay volume control (Niimbus US 5 Pro+ version only)
- A motorised volume control and a balance control
- 4 powerful amps offering 7000 mW Pmax into 50 Ohm and 32 V RMS into 600 Ohm
- Monitoring of the headphone output in terms of DC and overload
- Headphone path and line-out path individually selectable
- 1 balanced headphone output with 4-pin XLR
- 1 balanced headphone output with 4,4 mm Pentaconn
- 2 single ended outputs with 6,3 mm jack
- 2 x Line-outputs, 1 x unbalanced via RCA, 1 x balanced via XLR
- Adaptation of the line-out signal to the following devices in the range of +/- 12 dB
- 2 toroidal transformers, > 50,000 uF filter capacity
- -18 - +24 dB Pre-Gain to perfectly adapt the US 5 between source and headphones
- 3 analogue stereo inputs, 2 x unbalanced via RCA, 1 x balanced via XLR
Analogue input parameter
1 x XLR female, balanced
|2 x RCA, unbalanced|
Max. input voltage
+ 21 dBu, Input impedance: 10 kohm
Line out parameter
Line outputs (stereo, analogue)
1 x XLR male, balanced
|1 x RCA unbalanced|
-12 / -6 / 0 / +6 / +12 dBr
|Max. output voltage||+ 21 dBu, Output impedance : 1 Ohm|
Headphone amp parameter
|Nominal input sensitivity||+6 dBu|
|Feedback gain||0 dB unbal|
|+6 dB bal|
|Pre-gain||-18 / -12 / -6 / 0 / +6 / +12 / +18 / +24 dBr|
|Frequency range||5 Hz ... 250 kHz (- 0.5 dB)|
|Balance||+/- 6 dB|
|Output impedance||0.1 Ohm unbalanced|
|0.2 Ohm balanced|
|Damping factor (Load 50 Ohm)||500 unbal / 250 balanced|
|Dynamic range||> 135 dB (A-wtd)|
|Noise||< -104 dBu (A-wtd)|
|THD+N (1kHz/2x10V/100R = 1W)||< -104 dB / < 0.00063%|
|THD+N (1kHz/2x4V/32R = 0.5W)||< -103 dB / < 0.00071 %|
|Crosstalk||-105 dB (1 kHz) / -103 dB (15 kHz)|
|Headphone outputs||1 x 4-pin XLR|
|1 x 4.4 mm Pentaconn|
|2 x (6.3 mm) jack|
|Supply voltage||230 V AC / 115 V AC max. 50 VA|
|Front, Back||10 mm / 3 mm Aluminium, black anodised|
|Case||2 mm sheet steel, metallic coating|
|Case dimensions||351 x 59 x 248 mm (W x H x D)|
|Overall dimensions||351 x 90 x 275 mm (W x H x D)|
- Niimbus US 5
- Remote Control