Australian sourced stock, with full local warranty.
The SRH840 is specifically engineered for critical listening and professional recording. With its precisely tailored frequency response it delivers accurate sound reproduction in demanding studio applications.
What is the SRH840 best suited to?
The SRH840 are an ideal choice for professional audio engineers and musicians in applications such as studio recording and critical listening.
The SRH840 has a closed-back, circumaural design that rests comfortably over the ears which reduces background noise. The wide, padded headband provides ergonomic fit for superior comfort over extended periods. It has a precisely tailored frequency response to deliver rich bass, clear mid-range and extended highs. The collapsible design provides easy storage and portability, with the included carrying bag giving the headphones protection when on the go or not in use.
Where can I use the SRH840 headphones?
The SRH840 headphones have been engineered for use in professional or home studios.
The wide, padded headband and ear cups – made from high density, slow recovery foam – give you hours of comfortable use, while the rugged construction and collapsible frame make these a highly versatile solution that can be carried with you wherever you go.
What sound characteristics make these ideal headphones for studio referencing?
The precisely tailored frequency response of the SRH840 headphones, with a wide frequency range of 5 Hz - 25 kHz, conveys rich bass tones, a clear mid range and extended highs.
The closed-back design reduces background noise, leaving you with pure audio layers that you can use as a reference point for studio mixing.
What practical features make the SRH840 headphones suitable for studio environments?
The SRH840 headphones have a closed-back circumaural design that offers an immersive sound while eliminating background noise, and providing a comfortable fit. The wide padded headband provides an ergonomic fit that further enhances comfort.
A 3 m coiled and detachable cable with bayonet clip lets you lock your wire securely into place and gives you the flexibility to move around the studio.
- Precisely tailored frequency response delivers rich bass, clear mid-range and extended highs.
- Wide, padded headband provides ergonomic fit for superior comfort over extended periods
- Closed-back, circumaural design rests comfortably over the ears and reduces background noise
- Collapsible design for easy storage and portability.
- Legendary Shure quality to withstand the rigors of everyday use
- Bayonet Clip securely locks cable into ear cup
- Replaceable ear cup pads included to ensure long product life
- 3m (10ft) coiled detachable cable provides plenty of length and easy storage and replacement
- Carrying bag protects headphones when on the go or not in use
|Transducer Type||Dynamic, Neodymium magnet|
|Driver Size||40 mm|
|Frequency Range||5 - 25,000 Hz|
|Sensitivity (@ 1 kHz)||102 dB/mW|
|Impedance (@ 1 kHz)||44 Ω|
Max. input power
Gold-plated 3.5 mm (1/8”) stereo mini jack plug with 6.35 mm (1/4”) threaded adapter
|Cable Length/Type||3 meters (9.84 ft) / detachable coiled, oxygen-free copper|
|Removable Ear Pads||Yes|
|Weight||.82 lb (372 g)|
- Shure SRH840 Closed Back Headphones
- 1x HPAQA1 6.3 mm Thread Adapter, Gold-plated
- 1x HPACA1 Detachable coiled cable
- 1x HPACP1 Carrying Bag
- 1x HPAEC840 Replacement Earpads