Australian sourced stock, with full local warranty.
It all started when we were developing the WA8 Eclipse. We learned that in order to reduce the size greatly, it needs to be with transistors. Introducing the WA11 PASSPORT, an ultra-compact high-performance headphone amplifier and DAC. Over the course of 3-years of intensive research and 9 working prototypes deployed in real-world applications. WA11 delivers an audiophile sound quality that rivals many desktop systems and with the features users dream of.
Weighing at 413g and 24mm thick, the WA11 PASSPORT is a battery-powered, fully-balanced headphone amplifier and DAC running in a Class-A topology. It is capable of driving the most demanding full-size headphones while maintaining an ultra-low noise floor for reference in-ear monitors. The DAC is an ESS Sabre capable of decoding PCM up to 24-bit/384kHz and up to DSD128. There is also a 4.4mm balanced input for use with balanced sources such as a modern digital-audio-player (DAP), home CD player or DAC
The future is USB-C. And WA11 has two of them - one for data, one for charging. Separating the two allows the user to listen and recharge the internal battery simultaneously. This feature extends the industry leading 7 hrs. of playtime immensely.
- Fully-balanced design, battery-operated, solid state, Class-A amplifier
- High power, high bandwidth, low distortion headphone output
- Frequency response: 10 Hz to 200 kHz (+/- 3dB)
- Input: 4.4mm Pentaconn balanced, Asynchronous USB-C (data), and USB-C (charge)
- Output: 4.4mm Pentaconn balanced, 1/4" TRS unbalanced for convenience
- User selectable HI or LO level output
- User selectable DAC or 4.4mm analog Line-in
- ESS SABRE Reference DAC (ES9018K2M)
- Hi-Res music playback up to 24-bit/384kHz
- DSD64 and DSD128 support via DoP playback
- XMOS xCORE-AUDIO asynchronous clocking USB compatible with PC, Mac, Android and iOS devices (with Apple CCK or Android OTG adapter)
- Rechargeable Lithium-ion battery
- Up to 7 hrs. of continuous music playback
- Premium 4-channel mechanical potentiometer
- Anodized aluminum chassis available in black
- Dimensions (H, W, D): 155 x 85 x 24mm / 6.1 x 3.3 x 0.9 inches
- Weight: 413 g / 0.9 lb.
- Global 100v–240v USB-C charger
- Pre-production is shown. Minor specifications and appearance are subject to change in production unit without notice.