Does your audio system suffer from an annoying hum, buzz or hiss?
When you touch your device, does the hum/buzz noise increase? Well, in most cases, this is likely to be caused by a missing Ground/Earth connection that normally shields your system from such interference and drains away the noise.
Electrical safety and EMC Legislation require certain ways of designing AC power systems. This legislation does not consider audio systems and is mandatory. It can lead to the irritating issue of hum, buzz, hiss and general interference in certain systems where:
- The system includes at least one AC mains powered device or has an AC mains charger attached and it has no Ground/Earth at all
- The audio system has at least two AC mains powered devices which leads to more than one, multiple Ground/Earth connections.
All you need to do is use a standard IEC power cable to connect the Groundhog+ to your audio system. The Groundhog+ then adds back the missing Ground/Earth connection to dissipate noise. It adds proper ground protection to shield out EMI and RFI noise which in turn eliminates hiss and hum, creating a darker background sound and higher resolution.
Our Groundhog+ is one multi-talented animal to provide a variety of connections to suit all audio systems.
The Groundhog+ has a variety of adapters and works with every device on the market.
- RCA base cable – For any audio system with an unused RCA socket
- USB converter – For computer audio systems
- Spade converter – For power supplies with a DC barrel connector
- 3.5mm Y-converter – For portable devices with an unused 3.5mm connection
- Banana / RCA (male cable) – For grounding with AC iPurifier to equipment)