With this circuit it is possible to retrofit a USB input with 24 bit and up to 192 kHz for older DAC V800.
The USB type-B input can be used to connect a host computer (desktop or laptop PC).
It will be automatically detected as an audio device. The USB input is 2.0-compatible and needs a proprietary driver which can be found here in the download area.
- Audio files stored on the host can be sent to the headphone amp whereas audio formats up to 24 bit with 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz are supported.
- Mac OS-X may be operated with a patch which is mailed on demand.
- This USB input supports the so called "asynchronous" mode.
- The USB receiver is powered by the external device and is handling over the digital audio data by means of a transformer to the input circuitry of V800.
- This means that the external device and DAC V800 are completly galvanically isolated to avoid any hum or noise issues from the external device.
- Retrofitting is easily done and consists of pluging and screwing.
- The installation manual can be mailed in advance on request.