Australian sourced stock, with full local warranty.
The ATH-MSR7b headphones give you the latest in high-resolution headphone technology, combining the advanced features of the original ATH-MSR7 with both standard and balanced connection options for the ultimate portable listening experience.
These headphones are equipped with 45 mm True Motion Drivers with diamond-like carbon coated diaphragms to deliver distortion-free audio reproduction with extended frequency response. The headphones also feature Multi-layer Air Damping Technology that reduces unwanted vibration and controls the airflow for superior audio clarity. Completing the package are two detachable Y-type cables with A2DC (Audio Designed Detachable Coaxial) connectors. One cable is equipped with a standard 3.5 mm 3-pole stereo mini-plug, and the other has a 4.4 mm 5-pole balanced mini-plug, allowing you to use the MSR7b headphones with the latest high-spec audio players.
About High-Resolution Audio
While many listeners may believe that high-resolution audio came along with the introduction of the Compact Disc in 1982, constraints on the disc’s storage space always prevented CD audio (standardized at 44.1 kHz/16-bit) from fully and completely reproducing the original recorded sound. The advent and subsequent popularity of MP3s only made this problem more pronounced – the necessary compression of these files causes audio information to be lost, thus greatly reducing the audio quality. But with lossless audio file formats, faster Internet speeds, and storage space increasingly easy to come by (and in ever-smaller packages), the push is on to create audio equipment capable of capturing and reproducing true Hi-Res Audio, generally considered to be 96 kHz/24-bit or better. The Hi-Res Audio logo certifies that a product meets the Hi-Res Audio standards. Per these standards, headphones must have transducer frequency performance to at least 40 kHz. As a producer of these types of audiophile headphones since 1972, Audio-Technica is well-positioned to provide audio solutions that meet the demands of Hi-Res Audio media formats, allowing for the full reproduction of their extended sonic characteristics.
Latest High-Resolution Headphone Technology
These next-generation MSR7 headphones include 3.5 mm unbalanced and 4.4 mm balanced cables for the ultimate audiophile listening experience.
Made for Audiophiles
Drawing on more than 55 years of Japanese engineering expertise, we designed these headphones to impress even the most critical listeners.
45 mm True Motion Drivers
Our proprietary True Motion Drivers reproduce audio – including Hi-Res Audio – with remarkable accuracy and clarity, letting you hear every nuance of your music.
- Renewal of the award-winning ATH-MSR7 adds audiophile option of a balanced connection
- Proprietary 45 mm True Motion Drivers (with diamond-like carbon coated diaphragms) are capable of Hi-Res Audio reproduction
- Multi-layer Air Damping Technology, comprised of a layered housing and triple-vent system, reduces unwanted vibration and controls the airflow for superior audio clarity
- Stainless steel acoustic mesh resistor provides improved high-frequency response, while bass acoustic resistor delivers accurate low-frequency response
- Lightweight design and optimized lateral pressure provide long time wearing comfort
- Aluminum housing structure reduces unwanted vibration
- Soft memory foam earpads and headband for ultimate comfort
|Frequency Response||5 - 50,000Hz|
|Maximum Input Power||2000 mW|
|Available Colours||Black and Gunmetal|
- ATH-MSR7b Premium Headphones
- 1.2m cable (3.5mm 3-pole to A2DC, dual-sided)
- 1.2m cable for balance connection (4.4mm 5-pole to A2DC, dual-sided)
- Carrying pouch